Frequently Asked Questions
- Where do I obtain a dog license application?
Dog license applications are available in the Clerk’s office and are also available through MacombCounty’s website:
- Are there brochures/pamphlets for new residents?
Yes, the Clerk’s office has a welcome packet for all new residents.
- Where do I get a FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) form?
The Clerk’s office maintains all FOIA requests and has forms available at the counter.
- When are the Board of Trustee meetings held?
All BOT meetings are held on the first and third Wednesday of each month. They are held at Washington Township Hall, 57900 Van Dyke, at 7:00 p.m.The schedule is posted on our website.
- What utilities service WashingtonTownship?
Gas – Semco
Electric – DTE
- Who handles Well & Septic issues?
The Macomb County Health Department handles all issues related to wells and septic fields. Their number is (586) 469-5235.
- Why is there only one Cable Company in WashingtonTownship?WashingtonTownshiphas access to Comcast Cable and AT& T Uverse, which is currently available in some localized areas of the township. To contact AT & T to see if service is available in your area call (800) 288-2020. Cable providers decide if it is cost effective to run cable in certain areas based on demand.
- Who do I call if there is a dead animal on the side of the road?
Please call the Macomb County Animal/Control at (586) 469-5115 if you see a dead animal on the side of the road.